Hello there.

I’d be surprised if there was anyone reading this who didn’t already know the score, but just in case: this is what you’re letting yourself in for. My friend Adam and I have continued a tradition, since time immemorial, of listing our top 20 studio albums of the year. And we both take it a little too seriously…

All quite simple: to qualify, an album needs to be full length, studio, and released in 2008. This is my list. When Adam has posted his, I’ll add a link to it.

Continuing the tradition I started last year, I’ve actually ranked every single eligible album that I bought (or 'otherwise acquired'). This year, at the final count, I had 46. So, what follows is the main list countdown: from 20 down to my album of the year. Then, there are ‘the remainder’ (21-46). After that, there are some notes on a few records that were important to me in 2008, but for one reason or other were ineligible for the list. Finally, in a new experiment for this year, Adam suggested we also list our top 10 songs of the year (though not in any order). In the end he only bothered to do 5 (lazy), but my list of 10 comes at the very end of all this fun. If you've stuck around till then, though, you’ll deserve some kind of award…

Enjoy
And be Merry.

James
Dec 08

No comments:

Post a Comment